The Talented Krista is at it again with an amazingly delicious citrus cake recipe sure to quench the strongest of sweet cravings. Paired with our Sprouted Buckwheat makes this recipe a sure way to get in more nutrients while remaining easy on digestion.
Gluten Free Sprouted Orange Cake
- 1 Loaf of Cake
- 2 organic oranges
- 2 cups macadamia meal or almond meal
- 1 cup Fermentanicals Organic Sprouted Buckwheat Flour
- 1/3 cup coconut oil, melted
- 1/3 cup maple syrup or preferred sweetener
- Pre-heat oven to 160.C. Boil the oranges whole until they are soft, approx. 30 min, drain and allow to cool, cut into chunks removing any seeds
- Place chopped oranges in a food processor and blend until smooth, add remaining ingredients and blend until well combined
- Pour into a loaf tin lined with baking paper, cook for approx. 30-40 min, check with a skewer at 30 min if it comes out clean the cake is ready
- Remove cake from tin immediately so it doesn’t sweat
- Serve warm with a vanilla cashew cream or orange syrup.
- Servings : 10
- Recipe Type : Baked Goods
I am passionate about inspiring health in all aspects of people's being. I’m a Columbia University trained Psychologist (Licensed MHC in NYC), a Holistic Nutritional Health Coach, LifeForce® Yoga practitioner, ...Read more about this chef..