Fermentanicals Organic Sprouted Quinoa is easier to digest, has amplified nutrients, less calories, and is more alkaline compared to non-sprouted quinoa. It is a live food that has the same great taste and is easy to use – and you can even see the sprouted tails!
Frequently Bought Together
Fermentanicals Sprouted Quinoa contains quinoa, a gluten-free, paleo-friendly seed that can be used as a complete protein source by vegetarians. Its enviable nutritional properties stem not only from its complete amino acid profile, but also from the protein content (~10% protein).
Benefits of Sprouted Quinoa
The high antioxidant activity in quinoa may be attributed to compounds such as polyphenols, phytosterols and flavonoids, each with potential nutraceutical benefits. With its wide range of micronutrients including minerals, fatty acids and antioxidants, quinoa may help to contribute to your overall nutrition and health. Its mild nutty flavour makes it an ideal replacement to grains such as rice and wheat and its versatility means that you can enjoy this nutritious superfood in your diet to give you that nutritional boost your body needs.
Why Choose Sprouted Foods?
- Germinate (activate) the seed, stimulating the production of proteolytic enzymes that make both carbohydrates and proteins digestible
- Increase the alkalinity of the seed
- Shed anti-nutrients that inhibit digestion such as phytic acid, which can inhibit the absorption of some minerals including iron and zinc
- Pre-digest and break down complex sugar molecules, making them easier to digest
- Sprouted foods contain higher levels of antioxidants, vitamins, minerals and protein
- Sprouted foods additionally contain less kilojoules and carbohydrates than their non-sprouted equivalents
- Differs from Activation in the germination process yields more nutrients as opposed to activation which has the same nutrients as the raw seed.