Fermentanicals Organic Sprouted Flax is easier to digest, has amplified nutrients, less calories, and is more alkaline compared to non-sprouted flax. Sprouting not only removes the seeds harsh outer coating, it doubles the antioxidants, which protect the lipids from going rancid, so it lasts longer than other flax or flax oil. It has the same great taste and is easy to use!
Frequently Bought Together
Fermentanicals Sprouted Ground Flax contains milled flaxseeds, a gluten-free, paleo-friendly seed that is thought to be the world’s richest source of omega-3 fatty acids. In fact, flaxseed is full of three important compounds – the omega-3 fatty acid α-linolenic acid (ALA), dietary fibre and phytochemicals, which are non-nutritive plant-based substances that possess health-protective properties and act as potent antioxidants. Flaxseeds are known to specifically contain the phytochemical known as lignans.
This nutrient-packed seed can help maintain regular digestion, assist in overall bodily health due to its omega-3 fatty acid content and it may help to reduce free radical damage while aiding blood sugar control.
Why Choose Sprouted Foods?
- Germinate (activate) the seed, stimulating the production of proteolytic enzymes that make both carbohydrates and proteins digestible
- Increase the alkalinity of the seed
- Shed anti-nutrients that inhibit digestion such as phytic acid, which can inhibit the absorption of some minerals including iron and zinc
- Pre-digest and break down complex sugar molecules, making them easier to digest
- Sprouted foods contain higher levels of antioxidants, vitamins, minerals and protein
- Sprouted foods additionally contain less calories and carbohydrates than their non-sprouted equivalents
- Differs from Activation in the germination process yields more nutrients as opposed to activation which has the same nutrients as the raw seed.