Fermentanicals Organic Sprouted Flax - 500g
Fermentanicals Organic Sprouted Flax - 500g contains milled or ground flaxseeds (aka linseeds), a gluten-free, paleo-friendly seed that is thought to be the world’s richest source of omega-3 fatty acids. In fact, flaxseed is full of three important compounds – the omega-3 fatty acid α-linolenic acid (ALA), dietary fibre and phyto-chemicals, which are non-nutritive plant-based substances that possess health-protective properties and act as potent antioxidants. Flaxseeds are known to specifically contain the phytochemical known as lignans.
This nutrient-packed seed can help maintain regular digestion, assist in overall bodily health due to its omega-3 fatty acid content and it may help to reduce free radical damage while aiding blood sugar control.
Why Choose Sprouted Foods?
- Germinate (activate) the seed, stimulating the production of proteolytic enzymes that make both carbohydrates and proteins digestible
- Increase the alkalinity of the seed
- Shed anti-nutrients that inhibit digestion such as phytic acid, which can inhibit the absorption of some minerals including iron and zinc
- Pre-digest and break down complex sugar molecules, making them easier to digest
- Sprouted foods contain higher levels of antioxidants, vitamins, minerals and protein
- Sprouted foods additionally contain less calories and carbohydrates than their non-sprouted equivalents
Sprouted flax is more alkaline compared to non-sprouted flax. During the sprouting process the harsh outer coating that wreaks digestive havoc (such as phytic acid, etc) is removed allowing for easier digestion of the super seed. Sprouting flax also amplifies the nutrients as well as doubling the antioxidants found in the seed which protects the lipids from going rancid, making it last longer than traditional flax. It has the same great taste and is easy to use!
This nutrient-packed flax seed can help Maintain regular digestion
- Reduces free radical damage
- Aids in blood sugar level control
Assists in overall bodily health due to its omega-3 fatty acid content